Cecil Kimber was manager of Morris Garages in Oxford when he commissioned some sports cars to be built on a Morris chassis in 1923. Their appeal prompted more models and MG soon became one of the favourite pre-war British performance marques. In 1952, it joined BMC and introduced the much-loved MGA, then the MGB, which was produced from 1962 to 1980. After the Abingdon factory was closed, MG existed only as a badge on hot Austin saloons until the MG RV8 of 1992 announced the proper rebirth of the badge. The mid-engined MGF was an exciting return to form. Since it went into administration in 2005, MG has been Chinese-owned, first by Nanjing Automobile Corporation (NAC), then Shanghai Automobile Industry Corporation (SAIC).
This review is about MG Reviews.